Auxilio Transplant Center
The Transplant Center at Hospital Auxilio Mutuo is the only facility in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean that is approved by the “United Network for Organ Sharing” (UNOS) for the following programs: Kidney Transplant Program, Kidney-Pancreas Transplant Program and Liver Transplant Program. The Center brings together over 100 trained health professionals dedicated to the clinical management of patients with highly complex health conditions. The Medical Faculty is comprised of renowned surgeons, certified by UNOS, with vast experience in this specialized field. The Transplant Center staff is committed to giving their patients the opportunity to have a good quality of life.
Auxilio Transplant Center provides diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with permanent kidney disease, type 1 diabetes, pancreatic problems, and liver recovery and transplant services. Once the patient is admitted to one of the programs, the Transplant Center makes a lifetime commitment. Our patients have the benefit of having access to all the necessary ancillary services and above all, the support of an excellent multidisciplinary team that supports the specific needs of each patient.
We provide the following services:
- Evaluation of patients with kidney, pancreatic and liver conditions.
- Pre-transplant and post-transplant diagnostic and therapeutic services with the ongoing support of transplant coordinators and other ancillary services, such as nutrition, social work, pharmacy, etc.
- Medical and surgical services of a wide range of specialties, such as nephrologists, cardiologists, surgeons.
- Organ donor evaluation.
- Coordination with LifeLink of Puerto Rico for organ recovery.
- Histocompatibility and Immunogenic Lab Services to ensure compatibility between the donated organ and the recipient through specialized technologists in this field.
- Surgical transplant services and other surgeries related to diagnoses of kidney, pancreatic and liver diseases.
- Training of transplant surgeons and other healthcare professionals.
- Transplant and donor surgeries.
- Nephrectomy of the donor through laparoscopy or open surgery.
- General and vascular surgery for the general community.
- Necessary surgeries for post-transplanted or immune-compromised patients.
The nursing staff that deals with post-transplanted patients in the Transplant Unit is highly qualified, specialized and dedicated to caring for the patient after the transplant surgery and in any other clinical event of the transplanted patient or the patient to be transplanted requiring hospitalization.
For more information about the Transplant Program services, please call 787.758.200, ext. 1698 or 1699.
Contact: Mrs. Maribel Pintado, BSN
Location: 6th floor, La Milagrosa Building